Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Rio Rosa Mosqueta Face Cream

I am a convert for simplicity in skin care. While I like the idea of high functioning, luxurious skin care products, I find that the tediousness of product layering numbing. It can take upwards of 5 products just to get a decent effect. Expensive does not equal effective.. period!

Since I began simplifying my routine to just cleanse, moisturise and protect with SPF 30 Moisturiser /Tinted Moisturiser, I needed to look closely at what my skin needs were. Hydration was number 1 on my list. I have been testing a moisturiser from a relatively unknown brand called Rio Rosa Mosqueta. The Rose hip oil is not as impressive as the Trilogy Rose Hip Oil. The moisturiser however is a gem of a find.

Boring packaging, dynamite product!
All I need the moisturiser to do is seal in the Rose hip oil day or night, hydrate the skin without grease and protect from the harsh weather.

'The ingredients list: Aqua, Australian nut (Macadamia Ternifolia**), Bulgarian rose extract (Rosa Damascena extract**), Red algae (Porphyra Umbilicalis), Sodium Lactate, Glycerin†, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Rosehip oil (Rosa Mosqueta**), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii**), Beta├»ne, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis**), Fragrance natural (Perfume), Calendula Officinalis extract**, Horsetail extract (Equisetum arvense extract**), Camomile extract (Chamomilla Recutita extract**), Comfrey extract (Symphytum Officinale extract**), natural-source Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopherol), P-anisic acid, Salicylic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Phytic acid, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid (from Sugar beet)†, Daucus Carota, Citronellol*, Linalool*, Citral*, Geraniol*, Limonene.*

*from natural essential oils 
** from organic farming
† from Vegan sources'
 List obtained from the RioHealth

I find the texture velvety and the finish matte, almost powdery on the skin surface. I hardly get any oil break outs or congestion with this cream. So much so, I have taken to applying this around the eyes as well. Ideal after my FAB Radiance pad. Seems to work in synergy with Trilogy RHO and makeup. On its own, it does the work of a moisturiser and primer in one. The down side -so far - I have found none. It is cheap ( £16 ish) and effective. I am mindful that not everyone can tolerate organic products due to allergens. However, if you're immune system is robust and know full well that you can tolerate malaria or cholera :) joking.. then try it and you are likely to be pleasantly surprised. 

I can compare this to Sisley's Ecological Compound which I have road tested a few months back and Philosophy's cult face cream When Hope is not Enough -Normal skin. I was not impressed with either of them. 

Another thing about the cream, if you have pigmentation after a spot has been and gone, it works well to seal the RHO on the area and expedite the corrective process. 

Something for you try someday perhaps..

No comments:

Post a Comment