Saturday, 7 April 2012

Hurraw! Black Cherry tinted lip balm

I am enjoying this lip balm the more I use it. It is an organic lip balm that is made for vegans that gives off a light tint ( deep cherry red) thanks to the Alkanet infusion. Has a light cinnamon scent and slightly warms the lip due to the stimulating properties of cinnamon, for that just bitten effect.

I have found that this balm makes a perfect base for lipsticks, glosses and any matte lip colours to prevent drying. A happy side effect is the lip plumping feel that I am pleasantly surprised with.

I have been happily experimenting applying this balm under my Ilia Lipsticks. A light layer of the balm is needed for the moisturising of my lips and then lipstick. I find the wear of my lipsticks is better as the stains from the pigmented colours wears evenly, especially with the deeper shades.

A perfect pocket companion when the lips are feeling bare. I find myself smiling more :)

Ingredients list which gets a thumbs up!:


Ingredients: ***Alkanna tinctoria (alkanet root)  infused *Prunus dulcis (sweet almond) oil; ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax; **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) oil, *Olea europaea (olive) oil,  organic black cherry flavor; Tocopherols (vitamin e)
*cold pressed / organic  **raw & organic ***wildcrafted

In the UK, I bought mine from BeingContent. 



Hurraw Balm | Black Cherry Lip Balm
Image courtesy of BeingContent
Black Cherry more often than not is out of stock, it is  a very popular shade. For those with pigmented lips where lipsticks ( bright shades of red) which tends to run bluish, the balm helps the colour apply true. I am not keen of foundationing the lips as it dries mine.

Perfect for all weather.. why not when it tastes and smells so gorgeous. So many flavours to choose from, and the selection keeps on growing..

No comments:

Post a Comment