Sunday, 29 April 2012

This Works: Perfect Skin Defense SPF 30 tinted Sunscreen

Dear All,

Just a quick post on a tinted moisturiser that has been working well for me.
I have had this ( This Works Perfect Skin Defence) in my stash and have used this in tandem with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation shade 56 ( review to follow).

I bought mine some while back in the UK from Zuneta

The texture:
Medium liquid-y pink/caramel tinted formulation, starts of tacky but dries fast on the skin.Needs vigorous shaking before dispensing from an air tight bottle ( I like this ).

Coverage:
The formulation provides a light coverage to the skin on its own. On my skin, it does leave a whitish cast which is why I elected to mix in with some Foundation to warm up the whitish cast. I am reducing the SPF by mixing it with the foundation, so it will not be a true SPF 30,  maybe reduced to SPF 15 which is adequate for me in view of the weather. Pores are definitely reduced ( visibility) with this on.

On its own, it is a  true SPF because it is based on physical sunblock, Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide. I prefer this type of block to chemical sunscreens as it really does protect and sooth the skin. I find that applied around the eyes, I do not get any irritation.

Application:

Works best on freshly cleansed dry skin. I have normal to combination skin, oily T-zone and I have not had any problems with shine coming through ( 8 hours later). Drier skin types might need a moisturiser before hand, but please allow the moisturiser to sink in and dab of excess.

I apply this with finger tips or with a buffing brush if I have mixed this foundation.

 I rarely powder after because I like the dewy luminosity that this imparts on the skin.

Side effects:

I have not noticed any congestion, formation of milia or blackheads with this product ( more than 3 months use). I have one gripe, on its own as a makeup base, I found it not so good for liquid foundations because it causes streaking. it may be better for powder based foundation ( which I do not favor), but for those who do, this might be great option.

This does have a strange lemongrass/gingery mixed with fish oil ( very very faint) scent. I have a very sensitive nose and it does not go away. I have made my peace with this since it is a wonderful product, and have not had anyone making comments about the smell

Bang for Bucks:

Thinking long term here, since I am whittling down the number of products used on my skin, this has definitely pulled multiple duties ( Moisturiser, SPF15-30 sunscreen, mixer for foundation, primer, pore miniser, eyeshadow base) and stopped my skin reacting to the sun while using the FAB Exfoliating pads ( contains glycolic acid). Importantly, I have not any problems with spots getting darker ( means the SPF blocking capacity despite mixing with foundation is very reliable).

Ingredients list:


Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Coconut Alkanes, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/Succinate, Caramel, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Aluminum Stearate, Oleth-10, Alumina, Laureth-4, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Petitgrain) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Wood Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isodeceth 6, Sodium N-Stearoyl-L-Glutamate, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Cetearyl Olivate, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Tocopherol, Sorbitan Olivate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Limonene, Isostearic Acid, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linalool, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Melissa Officinalis (Balmint) Leaf Extract, Disodium Rutinyl Disulfate, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Citral, Geraniol. 

perfect skin defense SPF 30

No comments:

Post a Comment