Sunday, 15 July 2012

5 things I am Grateful For

A valuable realization for me and a simple exercise to bring back  grounding into everyday noise. Every now and again, I take 5 and remind myself of these 5:

My 'Five' are these:


  • 1. Liberty: I am free to live, breathe, move, love, talk, laugh and find  inspiration 
  • 2. Love: I have experienced unconditional love and knows its true meaning; I have a reference point
  • 3. Adversity: I am stronger than I was yesterday, I will be stronger tomorrow than I am today. I am ready to  face anything ( good, bad and all that is in between)
  • 4.  Mantra: My daily mantra to remind me that I am all that I aspire to be today and it is down to me to make what I wish for happen.
  • 5. Restlessness: a reminder for me to dream and aspire to try different things and find my bliss. Stagnant I am not. 


I learnt from my mother that appreciation is the hardest lesson to learn  and to know that we are capable of amazing things is frightening. Failure is not an outcome in itself and fear serves as reminder to be careful, not for me to run away from. I have been my own worse critic and enemy at some point, judging myself harshly and silently. None of these have helped me because I failed to appreciate my true nature; I love to dream and dreams need to be realized at the risk of failure :)

As my Mum says;...' failure is bad if you accept you cannot better yourself. If you know you can do better, then you haven't failed, you just had a stumble..' 

I learn from you mum... love you with all my heart..

MS xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Some really cool facts. "2. Love: I have experienced unconditional love and knows its true meaning; I have a reference point"

    I'd like to know more about it. Could you share with me ?

    ReplyDelete